New Open Carry With Training Act FAQ
1. When does it become effective?
August 16, 2021
2. Do I need a permit to open carry?
YES, You must have a valid Concealed carry permit to open carry
3. Do the same laws apply for open carry that applied for concealed carry?
Yes, the same restrictions that applied to concealed carry apply to open carry.
4. Can a business owner restrict open carry?
Yes, they may apply the standard no concealed carry sign or a sign that states No OPEN Carrying of firearms permitted.
5. Does a NO CONCEALED CARRY SIGN apply to Open Carry?
Yes, the sign covers both.
6. If I took the class in 2019 but did not finish is my paperwork still valid.
Only if you finish and it is postmarked prior to August 15, 2021. All applications not completed prior to August 15, 2021 will become invalid and the person will have to take the new class.
7. What if my permit has expired, Do I have to take the new class?
No, you must follow the renewal procedures on the SLED website.
8. Is there still a $50.00 state fee?
No, all state fees are removed after August 15, 2021.
Whether it's at the Beach, The Grocery Store or The Grand Canyon.
We want to see pics of ATP T-Shirts "In the wild".
We'll showcase the best pics on our world-famous Facebook Page!